Pre, During, and After Travel Tips
Affärsresor When you travel you want everything to go as smoothly as possible. Therefore there is a good idea to have a nifty checklist to cross off.
- Check weather, vaccinations, and visa restrictions. With new presidents come new rules so never assume it’s the same as the last time you travelled
- Create a checklist of essentials such as passport, travel adapter, eye mask, or swimsuit
- Pack liquids into 100ml bottles to avoid check-in luggage or putting your back out
- An e-reader in the event of an airline strike or ash-cloud, or general flight delays
- Get cash at the airport if travelling to Germany. Even in ‘Bankfurt’ many taxis, bars, and restaurants only accept cold hard currency
- Upon arrival at your hotel ask for an iron as the moment you realise you need one, Murphy’s law says they won’t have any more available
- Ask where the closest shop for essentials such as bottled water and snacks is to keep on-road travel costs down
- Ask for the card of the hotel, it’s useful for remembering where you live and showing non-English speaking taxi drivers where to go
- Watch out for drivers ripping you off with confusing currency or by taking the scenic route
- Most importantly enjoy your destination and try to see more than just the four walls of your meeting room!
- Unpack as soon as you get home, else it will still be there a week later
- Put through your travel expenses the first day back else they’ll still be there a month later